Versus Corporate / College / High School Game Play
Room Set up: Our set sits either at the long end of the room or lengthwise. We request at least 36 feet wide by 24 feet of floor space. There should be some sort of “divider” down the middle to separate the teams — this can be a the way the chairs or tables are set.
Teams – Regular Game Play
We usually run this program with two teams — Left vs. Right or Red vs. Blue. Participants should be divided as such. Name tags, pinnies, beads, or other identifiers help, but aren’t required. The teams should sit together in front of the side that they represent.
Teams can be subdivided amongst themselves to balance out the games by region, college year, division, or ability. These subdivisions are labeled Group A, Group B, Group C. Generally there are two or three subdivision groups. Another option is to have a division play against another division.
Team captains are assigned to each side. They will send up the amount of people needed for each challenge.
Teams – Expanded Game Play
By request, we can design this show with 4, 6 or 8 teams. This can be done two ways. We can run each challenge with two teams playing at once in a tournament and keep score. We can also run multiple teams simultaneously. This would add a complete set of props for each team but also requires added game show staff to run and score. Multiple teams simultaneously requires a lot more space.
- Our show is usually scripted, with a plan of what challenges will run, complete with music. This can be modified on the fly if necessary.
- After an introduction by our emcee, we will invite team captains to send up a number of guests. We will sequence through a series of games (about 8). Some will be repeated and some will only be run once.
- The host will then ask for a certain number of guests in a certain group FROM EACH SIDE to be sent up by the captain.
- For example, the emcee might ask for each team to send up 6 guests from “Group A” for Trivia Face Off. Those twelve guests will alternate answering high speed questions. At the end of the two minute round, they will sit down. At the same time, we might ask for ten of the best hula hoopers for each side. Twenty hoopers will then compete. The team with the most still hooping at the end of two minutes wins the points. This pattern continues attempting to involve as many guests as possible.
- Our emcee encourages audience cheering for the contestants and generates energy in the room
This is a VERY fast moving, high paced, high energy game.
What We Provide (Two Teams)
Mini (2 Star)
- Mini production level is reserved for really small events or fly in events. It minimizes the game show to one host and the necessary props/
- Face Off Podium
- Game Props (as per spec)
- Music Playback System
Standard (3 Star)
- Face Off Podium
- Sound system including wireless microphone for emcee mixer, professional Mp3 players
- Colored Graphic Backdrop with Curtain Warmers on black pipe and base.
- Razzle Dazzle Lights (moving or color changing)
- Video screen Countdown or Scoreboard
- Game props such as Hula Hoops, Letter Game, Four in a Row, and others as needed etc. (Usually 8-12 different games).
- Game Agenda customized to event (always changing)
- High energy music
- PAR 38 Stage Lighting (if needed)
- All material (unless client would like to provide it)
- All pre event coordination, trucking, load in, load out, and set up
- Professional emcee and technical director.
Corporate/College Standard (3.5 Star) adds
- Truss Back Arch with Lights
- 2 Scanning Lights
- Upgrade Stage Lighting to LED color changing PARS
- Moving Head Lights
- Scanning Lights
- 2 digital scorekeepers
Four Star (4 Star)
- Upgrades backdrop to motion drape
- Adds more truss
- Adds more scanning lights
High End (5 Star)
- Design to be determined.
- Additional teams, if needed.
- Branding, if needed.
- Customization from any of our set designs.
Client needs to provide
- 1 20-amp circuits
- Team captains (a few per side) plus two “prop assistants”
- One six-foot table
- Stage area: 36 feet wide by 24 feet deep minimum Extra space for challenges. Space will determine what we can do.